Frequently Asked Questions
Does Frusterio Design offer home construction services?
No, we specialize in residential design. We create house plans that homeowners and builders across the country use to construct their homes. We stay involved throughout the construction process to help with any questions the homebuilder may have.
Do you sell your house plans?
Yes, we do! We also design custom house plans and renovation house plans. We price our house plans based on the square footage and any requested modifications. To obtain pricing, you can submit an inquiry for a house plan along with the modifications you would like, and we will send you the relevant information.
Where does Frusterio Design provide house plans?
We serve clients nationwide without any geographical restrictions. We can work with anyone, regardless of their location.
Can I see completed photos of your house plans?
We have completed construction photos available for some of our plans. However, for plans that haven't been built yet or for which we haven't received photos, we might not have specific images to share.
Can changes be made to your house plans?
Absolutely! Most of our customers who purchase house plans from us request modifications. Once you select a plan and provide us with the desired changes, we can estimate the cost of the modifications for you.
What are some typical changes that you make to your house plans?
Here are some common changes we make to plans:
- Exterior style
- Adding, removing or moving interior rooms
- Adjusting the width/depth to fit lot footprint
- Reversing plan orientation
- Increase/decrease square footage
- Adjusting garage entrance location to fit lot
How can I see the price of your house plans?
Our house plans are priced based on the square footage and any requested modifications. To obtain pricing, you can submit an inquiry for a house plan along with the modifications you would like, and we will send you the relevant information.
How long does it take to receive house plans?
For portfolio plans with changes, we typically have a turnaround time of 2-4 weeks. Portfolio plans without changes are usually completed within 1-2 business days. Custom-designed plans generally take 5-6 months to finalize.
When should I purchase house plans in relation to my construction timeline?
We recommend having finished plans in hand 30-60 days before you plan to start construction.
What is included in your house plan sets?
Our house plan sets typically include the following components, as applicable:
- Floor plans
Are your house plans ready to build?
Yes, our plans are ready for construction. The only exception is if your local municipality requires engineering stamps before issuing permits.
What is the custom design process like for house plans?
Here is an overview of our custom design process for house plans:
- Initial 50% deposit
- Discovery meeting (via call or virtual meeting) to gather all necessary information
- Preliminary Phase 1: Presentation of the 1st-floor design, followed by revisions based on client feedback
- Preliminary Phase 2: Presentation of the 2nd-floor and front elevation design, followed by revisions based on client feedback
- Elevation Phase 1: Completion of elevations based on approved preliminary designs
- Elevation Phase 2: Completion of foundation and roof based on preliminary designs
- Checklist Phase 1: Adjustments made to tidy up plans
- Checklist Phase 2: Completion of electrical and sections
- Final invoice balance is paid
- Final Combined Files: Once all files are approved, finished, and the balance is paid, we produce and send the final combined files to the client.
Do you provide construction cost estimates for your house plans?
No, we don't. Due to the many variables that are involved in estimating construction costs, we recommend contacting a few local builders to request construction cost estimates.
Schedule a Consultation
Have more questions? Fill out the appropriate form on our Contact page based on your needs and then schedule a free consult day and time that works best for you.